Is Murder by Drone a War Crime?
comments powered by Disqus
Keith Halderman - 5/7/2009
Anthony Gregory - 5/7/2009
I oppose the government killing foreign leaders, of course, but they are surely the most worthy of being killed. A morality that forbids assassinating dictators but allows for killing inferiors and incidental civilians is deeply flawed.
Yes, Obama's drone attacks constitute acts of mass murder, as were Bush's bombings and attacks that killed civilians, and Clinton's, and Bush I's, and Reagan's, as well as Nixons, LBJ's, Eisenhower's, Truman's, FDR's, Wilson's and Teddy Roosevelt's. Every single one of these characters committed crimes at least on par with the torture crimes ordered from on high and conducted on the battlefield and in America's foreign dungeons.
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead