Election Prediction: Dracula Wins!
Thank goodness I am not a determinist. On this Halloween comes the strange, mysterious information that both George W. Bush and John Kerry (who are ninth cousins twice removed) have genealogical links with Vlad II Dracula of Wallachia. Yes, thatTransylvanian Vlad the Impaler who was the model for Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I don't know about you, but I'm taking garlic with me into the Voting Booth on Tuesday.
comments powered by Disqus
howard q isgood - 11/8/2004
I know this was posted jokingly, but a lot of people mistakenly do believe in the significance of this sort of thing. Countless conspiracy theories have been woven based on geneological links between important figures, and by people who *aren't* joking.
So, here are some serious discussions on the issue:
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Say goodbye to the weirdest border dispute in the world
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems