Election Prediction: Dracula Wins!
Thank goodness I am not a determinist. On this Halloween comes the strange, mysterious information that both George W. Bush and John Kerry (who are ninth cousins twice removed) have genealogical links with Vlad II Dracula of Wallachia. Yes, thatTransylvanian Vlad the Impaler who was the model for Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I don't know about you, but I'm taking garlic with me into the Voting Booth on Tuesday.
comments powered by Disqus
howard q isgood - 11/7/2004
I know this was posted jokingly, but a lot of people mistakenly do believe in the significance of this sort of thing. Countless conspiracy theories have been woven based on geneological links between important figures, and by people who *aren't* joking.
So, here are some serious discussions on the issue:
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?