Election Prediction: Dracula Wins!
Thank goodness I am not a determinist. On this Halloween comes the strange, mysterious information that both George W. Bush and John Kerry (who are ninth cousins twice removed) have genealogical links with Vlad II Dracula of Wallachia. Yes, thatTransylvanian Vlad the Impaler who was the model for Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I don't know about you, but I'm taking garlic with me into the Voting Booth on Tuesday.
comments powered by Disqus
howard q isgood - 11/8/2004
I know this was posted jokingly, but a lot of people mistakenly do believe in the significance of this sort of thing. Countless conspiracy theories have been woven based on geneological links between important figures, and by people who *aren't* joking.
So, here are some serious discussions on the issue:
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- OAH denounces anti-gay legislation signed by Indiana governor
- Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
- Stanford historian looks to the U.S. Postal Service to map the boom and bust of 19th-century American West
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library