KERRY INADVERTANTLY CAUSES HAVOC IN HAITI
If John Kerry becomes president, I hope it will not happen before he learns that his careless words can cause real harm to helpless people like the Haitians who really do not need more trouble. Time for an appology?
"The commander of the United Nations peacekeeping force in Haiti says comments by U.S. Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry may have helped trigger a recent wave of violence in the country.
Brazilian General Augusto Heleno said Mr. Kerry's comments may have raised hopes among supporters of former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide that the ousted leader would return to power.
General Heleno was referring to remarks Mr. Kerry made to The New York Times some 7 months ago. Mr. Kerry said if he were president, he would have sent U.S. troops to protect Mr. Aristide. He also criticized the Bush administration's policy in Haiti as"shortsighted."
There was no immediate response to the general's charges from Mr. Kerry.
Mr. Aristide left the country under international pressure in February as rebels descended on Port-au-Prince. Much of the violence since his departure has been blamed on his loyalists".
The mainstream media silence on this costly Kerry blunder is defeaning.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history