KERRY INADVERTANTLY CAUSES HAVOC IN HAITI
If John Kerry becomes president, I hope it will not happen before he learns that his careless words can cause real harm to helpless people like the Haitians who really do not need more trouble. Time for an appology?
"The commander of the United Nations peacekeeping force in Haiti says comments by U.S. Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry may have helped trigger a recent wave of violence in the country.
Brazilian General Augusto Heleno said Mr. Kerry's comments may have raised hopes among supporters of former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide that the ousted leader would return to power.
General Heleno was referring to remarks Mr. Kerry made to The New York Times some 7 months ago. Mr. Kerry said if he were president, he would have sent U.S. troops to protect Mr. Aristide. He also criticized the Bush administration's policy in Haiti as"shortsighted."
There was no immediate response to the general's charges from Mr. Kerry.
Mr. Aristide left the country under international pressure in February as rebels descended on Port-au-Prince. Much of the violence since his departure has been blamed on his loyalists".
The mainstream media silence on this costly Kerry blunder is defeaning.
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90