KERRY INADVERTANTLY CAUSES HAVOC IN HAITI
If John Kerry becomes president, I hope it will not happen before he learns that his careless words can cause real harm to helpless people like the Haitians who really do not need more trouble. Time for an appology?
"The commander of the United Nations peacekeeping force in Haiti says comments by U.S. Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry may have helped trigger a recent wave of violence in the country.
Brazilian General Augusto Heleno said Mr. Kerry's comments may have raised hopes among supporters of former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide that the ousted leader would return to power.
General Heleno was referring to remarks Mr. Kerry made to The New York Times some 7 months ago. Mr. Kerry said if he were president, he would have sent U.S. troops to protect Mr. Aristide. He also criticized the Bush administration's policy in Haiti as"shortsighted."
There was no immediate response to the general's charges from Mr. Kerry.
Mr. Aristide left the country under international pressure in February as rebels descended on Port-au-Prince. Much of the violence since his departure has been blamed on his loyalists".
The mainstream media silence on this costly Kerry blunder is defeaning.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades