Third-Party Electoral Votes
UPDATE: Reader Gil Guillory pointed me towards this evidence that I was right and CNN got it wrong. Hospers did indeed get an electoral vote in '72. For bonus points, can anyone get CNN to correct their web site?
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 10/19/2004
And those numbskulls still haven't corrected their web page. So much for truth and objectivity.
David T. Beito - 10/19/2004
As a result, Hospers' vice presidential candidate, Tonie Nathan, became the first woman (prior to Geraldine Ferraro) in American history to receive an electoral vote.
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Trump is so controversial Disney reportedly won’t let him have a speaking role in the Hall of Presidents
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy