Third-Party Electoral Votes
UPDATE: Reader Gil Guillory pointed me towards this evidence that I was right and CNN got it wrong. Hospers did indeed get an electoral vote in '72. For bonus points, can anyone get CNN to correct their web site?
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 10/19/2004
And those numbskulls still haven't corrected their web page. So much for truth and objectivity.
David T. Beito - 10/19/2004
As a result, Hospers' vice presidential candidate, Tonie Nathan, became the first woman (prior to Geraldine Ferraro) in American history to receive an electoral vote.
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- A Fight About Taxing The Wealthy, A Century Before President Obama
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History
- Joan Peters’s legacy assessed by one of her fiercest critics, Norman Finkelstein
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize