In last night's debate, did anybody besides me notice how much John Kerry's market-socialist plan for fixing health care sounded like President Bush's market-socialist plan for fixing Social Security?
In related news, I've recently posted on my website an article I wrote in 1996 trying (unsuccessfully) to persuade local gun-rights activists to vote for the LP; it's my attempt to deal with the"wasted vote" argument, and is obviously meant to apply more broadly than just the gun issue. Check it out here.
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 10/19/2004
Roderick T. Long - 10/18/2004
As far as I've been able to determine (and admittedly my eyes glaze over when I look through the arguments on both sides), Browne's ethical lapses were greater than the Browne people claimed but less serious than Browne's critics claimed. I think Browne was a good candidate, articulate and professional -- you could *picture* him as President, which is more than can be said for the current candidate. But yeah, I'm more concerned about growing the party than I am about whichever doofus happens to be running.
Aeon J. Skoble - 10/15/2004
Do you still feel this way in spite of R.W. Bradford's writings on Browne's ethical lapses? Is the main point of your 96 piece that it doesn't so much matter what the LP guy says or does in any particular year so long as support for the party grows enough to make them influential? I'm not being querulous, I'm really asking.
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?