Iran to hold a"human rights conference." I am sure it will be even"better" than Durban II currently held in Geneva. In any case, I suggest it be moved to the Evin prison where journalist Roxana Saberi who was arrested for buying a bottle of wine only to be found guilty for spying has just gone on a hunger strike. The foolish girl thought her American citizenship will protect her in the Obama era! Let's hope her fate will not be that of Canadian journalist Sahra Kazemi and blogger Omid Mirsayafi both of whom died in Evin.
The Uighurs, in their own words admit to being trained by Al Qaeda associate. To protect them from China, the Obama administration wishes to release them from Guantanamo and resettle them in your neighborhood or mine. After all, we must do all we can to help China maintain its serendipitous free ridership. Hence, helping Uighurs to redirect their terror plots from China to the US must be in our national interest. After all, "China Uses Global Crisis to Assert Its Influence: Along With Aid to Other Nations, Beijing Offers Up Criticism of the West."
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book