Why I'm So Glad You're Grading Student Essays These Days ...
Beyond the remarkable technology of this bloody thing, however, I found its sponsorship even more interesting. I learned of Essay Generator from H-Scholar's Diane Calabrese who referred to an article about it in the Pittsburg Post-Gazette for 10 October and to this web address: www.essaygenerator.com. Calabrese and, apparently, the reporter for the Post-Gazette didn't pursue the matter beyond the remarkable technology. If you click on that address, you are referred to: www.radioworldwide.gospelcom.net/essaygenerator. If you look around the site, it becomes clear that Essay Generator comes to you by the grace of Campus Crusade for Christ. Try their Random Person Generator. You'll be invited to compare yourself with a computer generated"person" and, if you follow the links, you'll eventually be assured that, unlike RPG, you have a unique place in the order of creation. So, the picture I get is of some poor freshman schlemiel, like I once was, desperate to fulfill a class requirement. The desperation and curiosity eventually leads to a gospel message. Don't get me wrong. I'm an evangelical and I believe in evangelism, but if you'll pardon the expression, this is a crock ...
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 10/10/2004
...what they are thinking. The essays are laughably bad, but when I think about how much time I've spent trying to make constructive comments on ...stuff like this, it's not as funny anymore. Are they hoping that students will realize, through the negative feedback provided by teachers, that honesty is the best policy and Christ is the answer? What are they thinking?
Their random proverb generator took 'history' and gave me "A history is worth a thousand words." No more, no less. I'll remember that when I'm working out my assignments next semester.
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career