Why I'm So Glad You're Grading Student Essays These Days ...
Beyond the remarkable technology of this bloody thing, however, I found its sponsorship even more interesting. I learned of Essay Generator from H-Scholar's Diane Calabrese who referred to an article about it in the Pittsburg Post-Gazette for 10 October and to this web address: www.essaygenerator.com. Calabrese and, apparently, the reporter for the Post-Gazette didn't pursue the matter beyond the remarkable technology. If you click on that address, you are referred to: www.radioworldwide.gospelcom.net/essaygenerator. If you look around the site, it becomes clear that Essay Generator comes to you by the grace of Campus Crusade for Christ. Try their Random Person Generator. You'll be invited to compare yourself with a computer generated"person" and, if you follow the links, you'll eventually be assured that, unlike RPG, you have a unique place in the order of creation. So, the picture I get is of some poor freshman schlemiel, like I once was, desperate to fulfill a class requirement. The desperation and curiosity eventually leads to a gospel message. Don't get me wrong. I'm an evangelical and I believe in evangelism, but if you'll pardon the expression, this is a crock ...
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 10/10/2004
...what they are thinking. The essays are laughably bad, but when I think about how much time I've spent trying to make constructive comments on ...stuff like this, it's not as funny anymore. Are they hoping that students will realize, through the negative feedback provided by teachers, that honesty is the best policy and Christ is the answer? What are they thinking?
Their random proverb generator took 'history' and gave me "A history is worth a thousand words." No more, no less. I'll remember that when I'm working out my assignments next semester.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges