BREAKING THE JEWISH CODE
Holocaust memorial day is not my favorite day of the week. The dreary weather only made it worse. So, I did what I often do - escape to the local B&N. There, amongst the best selling new non fiction, I came across an unusual book written by an evangelical minister called Perry Stone. It is not the kind of reading material I usually pick up. But this time I did and was positively surprised. The man is not only knowledgeable about Judaism, explains it well to his fellow Christians but he is a true friend of Israel and the Jewish people. His premis: The secret of Jewish success is to be found in the Biblical commandments and maxims. Indeed, G-d hold Jews more accountable because they should know better. The book's central argument is that Christians could benefit from learning from those Biblical guidelines.
Maybe one day a leading Muslim cleric will write a similar book. Who know? Greater miracles have happened.
In the meantime, thank you Rev. Stone for making me feel better on Holocaust day. I could not forget the role Christianity played in historical antisemitism. The fact that it could come such a long way cannot but give one hope.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”