BREAKING THE JEWISH CODE
Holocaust memorial day is not my favorite day of the week. The dreary weather only made it worse. So, I did what I often do - escape to the local B&N. There, amongst the best selling new non fiction, I came across an unusual book written by an evangelical minister called Perry Stone. It is not the kind of reading material I usually pick up. But this time I did and was positively surprised. The man is not only knowledgeable about Judaism, explains it well to his fellow Christians but he is a true friend of Israel and the Jewish people. His premis: The secret of Jewish success is to be found in the Biblical commandments and maxims. Indeed, G-d hold Jews more accountable because they should know better. The book's central argument is that Christians could benefit from learning from those Biblical guidelines.
Maybe one day a leading Muslim cleric will write a similar book. Who know? Greater miracles have happened.
In the meantime, thank you Rev. Stone for making me feel better on Holocaust day. I could not forget the role Christianity played in historical antisemitism. The fact that it could come such a long way cannot but give one hope.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea