WOW - WOMAN VOTING IN AFGHANISTAN
This is a reason to celebrate - Joyous Afghans cast their vote "Rahgul, a 45-year-old matriarch came with 11 women from her family to cast her vote for Hamid Karzai.
"Our father said we should come early and vote. We are so happy. I can't belive today is the election," she said adding that the men in her family were also voting for Karzai.
She was not worried about attacks or explosions.
"The Taliban warned us but we are not scared. We are Afghans," she added.
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?