WOW - WOMAN VOTING IN AFGHANISTAN
This is a reason to celebrate - Joyous Afghans cast their vote "Rahgul, a 45-year-old matriarch came with 11 women from her family to cast her vote for Hamid Karzai.
"Our father said we should come early and vote. We are so happy. I can't belive today is the election," she said adding that the men in her family were also voting for Karzai.
She was not worried about attacks or explosions.
"The Taliban warned us but we are not scared. We are Afghans," she added.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"