WOW - WOMAN VOTING IN AFGHANISTAN
This is a reason to celebrate - Joyous Afghans cast their vote "Rahgul, a 45-year-old matriarch came with 11 women from her family to cast her vote for Hamid Karzai.
"Our father said we should come early and vote. We are so happy. I can't belive today is the election," she said adding that the men in her family were also voting for Karzai.
She was not worried about attacks or explosions.
"The Taliban warned us but we are not scared. We are Afghans," she added.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond