Tightening Race or Desparate Press
comments powered by Disqus
Pat Lynch - 10/5/2004
Agreed - I think the broader point I'm trying to make here is that our obsession with national polls is a problem in a tight race like this - especially when votes in the vast majority of states this year just don't matter in the prez outcome - is a mistake. However you are quite right to note that it's hardly a certain outcome right now.
King Banaian - 10/5/2004
If you look at the summary page of electoral count on RCP you get Solid Bush 176, Leaning Bush 115, Toss-Up 47, Leaning Kerry 47, Solid Kerry 153. So while Bush is up 291-200 at the top of the page, it includes a lot of leaning states those you cite.
Kerry needs to knock Ohio and one other state away from Lean Bush to himself and grab the five tossup states. That's not at all out of the realm of possibility. I might suggest you also look at the Tradesports state-by-state markets.
- Letters collection offers unique glimpse into ordeal of Australian aborigines
- War, More Than ISIS, Is Destroying Syria's Ancient Sites
- Pew Poll: Trust in government is at historic lows
- If "The Donald" Said It Happened, It Happened! And Don't You Forget It!
- Solved: the mystery of Britain’s Bronze Age mummies
- Anne Frank Faced Challenges Similar to Syrian Refugees, Richard Breitman Says
- Douglass North, Nobel Prize-winning economics historian, dies at 95
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project