Tightening Race or Desparate Press
comments powered by Disqus
Pat Lynch - 10/5/2004
Agreed - I think the broader point I'm trying to make here is that our obsession with national polls is a problem in a tight race like this - especially when votes in the vast majority of states this year just don't matter in the prez outcome - is a mistake. However you are quite right to note that it's hardly a certain outcome right now.
King Banaian - 10/5/2004
If you look at the summary page of electoral count on RCP you get Solid Bush 176, Leaning Bush 115, Toss-Up 47, Leaning Kerry 47, Solid Kerry 153. So while Bush is up 291-200 at the top of the page, it includes a lot of leaning states those you cite.
Kerry needs to knock Ohio and one other state away from Lean Bush to himself and grab the five tossup states. That's not at all out of the realm of possibility. I might suggest you also look at the Tradesports state-by-state markets.
- Holocaust Victims Mocked in Ohio State Band Parody Songbook
- Memphis attempt to drop name of Nathan Bedford Forrest runs into state law
- Overlooked: The 25th anniversary of Captive Nations Week
- In confession to historian, George McGovern revealed he had a secret child
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial