Tightening Race or Desparate Press
comments powered by Disqus
Pat Lynch - 10/5/2004
Agreed - I think the broader point I'm trying to make here is that our obsession with national polls is a problem in a tight race like this - especially when votes in the vast majority of states this year just don't matter in the prez outcome - is a mistake. However you are quite right to note that it's hardly a certain outcome right now.
King Banaian - 10/5/2004
If you look at the summary page of electoral count on RCP you get Solid Bush 176, Leaning Bush 115, Toss-Up 47, Leaning Kerry 47, Solid Kerry 153. So while Bush is up 291-200 at the top of the page, it includes a lot of leaning states those you cite.
Kerry needs to knock Ohio and one other state away from Lean Bush to himself and grab the five tossup states. That's not at all out of the realm of possibility. I might suggest you also look at the Tradesports state-by-state markets.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College