Leaving Medical Decisions in the Hands of Mindless Govt. Bureaucrats
The most ridiculous quote in the piece is from David Murray, a policy analyst with the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. Quoting directly from the piece:
But Murray said it is up to the Food and Drug Administration to decide when a drug has"accepted" medical use. To leave that up to doctors and patients, he said, is like"leaving it to fans in the Redskins' end zone to call a touchdown, instead of the referees."
God forbid if doctors and patients starting making their own choices - he'd be out of work. But his comparison is pretty much on target because Americans probably love one group of people less than football officials, mindless bureaucrats.
comments powered by Disqus
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Novels About Real-Life Women Are Saving Forgotten History
- CNN documentary focuses on “Nixon’s Own 9/11"
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success