Leaving Medical Decisions in the Hands of Mindless Govt. Bureaucrats
The most ridiculous quote in the piece is from David Murray, a policy analyst with the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. Quoting directly from the piece:
But Murray said it is up to the Food and Drug Administration to decide when a drug has"accepted" medical use. To leave that up to doctors and patients, he said, is like"leaving it to fans in the Redskins' end zone to call a touchdown, instead of the referees."
God forbid if doctors and patients starting making their own choices - he'd be out of work. But his comparison is pretty much on target because Americans probably love one group of people less than football officials, mindless bureaucrats.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond