Kerry on Style, Both Lose on Substance
On substance, I flunk them both. Bush was pitiful at defending his record in Iraq. He could hardly attempt it with a straight face. All he could say is that it's hard work and good people are working hard. Yawn.
All Kerry really promised is that he would try to arrange it so that foreign kids were shot and blown up so that fewer American kids would have to suffer. Now there's a policy I can get enthusiastic about. Didn't he promise to send more troops to Iraq?
I don't know what difference it will make in the end, but Kerry did what he had to do.
comments powered by Disqus
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- Where Mud Is Archaeological Gold, Russian History Grew on Trees
- Conflict Uncovers a Ukrainian Identity Crisis Over Deep Russian Roots
- Highlights of the recent Oral History Association Meeting
- Rick Perlstein response to Sam Tanenhaus's complaint that he's an aggregator
- Thai historian faces charges for daring to challenge a story about a royal king
- It's Rick Perlstein vs. Judith Stein in a Three Round Fight
- Park Honan, a Biographer of Authors, Is Dead at 86