Kerry on Style, Both Lose on Substance
On substance, I flunk them both. Bush was pitiful at defending his record in Iraq. He could hardly attempt it with a straight face. All he could say is that it's hard work and good people are working hard. Yawn.
All Kerry really promised is that he would try to arrange it so that foreign kids were shot and blown up so that fewer American kids would have to suffer. Now there's a policy I can get enthusiastic about. Didn't he promise to send more troops to Iraq?
I don't know what difference it will make in the end, but Kerry did what he had to do.
comments powered by Disqus
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success
- Sven Beckert’s List of the Ten Books on Slavery You Need to Read
- Jonathan Zimmerman says homosexuality is not alien to Africa
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed