What I'd Like John Kerry to Say
Still, what's done it done. We're in this mess, and I have a solution to the problem. First, we've got to realize that Iraq, as a country, need not exist. The Soviets broke up, and it seems to me that holding a group of people together just to maintain a country makes no sense. So I propose we allow Iraq to break up into three separate countries. Borders will be drawn by Iraqis themselves, not us. We'll help pay for moving people around, we'll even help pay for homes that might be lost and other costs. But after that's completed, and the Balkans gives us some illustration of that how long that should take, we're gone.
My plan gives the U.S. and it's Allies an attainable goal, which this administration does not have. It also shows that we will listen to the calls from the Muslim world for the right of self-expression since it's pretty clear that the Sunnis don't want to have a Western style democracy. That's fine; they'll pay for it through lower economic growth compared to the Kurds. But in the end what I propose makes American safer, the Arab world happier, and our failed mission there slightly more noble.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity