What I'd Like John Kerry to Say
Still, what's done it done. We're in this mess, and I have a solution to the problem. First, we've got to realize that Iraq, as a country, need not exist. The Soviets broke up, and it seems to me that holding a group of people together just to maintain a country makes no sense. So I propose we allow Iraq to break up into three separate countries. Borders will be drawn by Iraqis themselves, not us. We'll help pay for moving people around, we'll even help pay for homes that might be lost and other costs. But after that's completed, and the Balkans gives us some illustration of that how long that should take, we're gone.
My plan gives the U.S. and it's Allies an attainable goal, which this administration does not have. It also shows that we will listen to the calls from the Muslim world for the right of self-expression since it's pretty clear that the Sunnis don't want to have a Western style democracy. That's fine; they'll pay for it through lower economic growth compared to the Kurds. But in the end what I propose makes American safer, the Arab world happier, and our failed mission there slightly more noble.
comments powered by Disqus
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control