Socrates would vomit
comments powered by Disqus
Max Schwing - 9/30/2004
It'd be funny, if one of the candidates (I'd think Kerry could do it) tried to directly address his opponent with a spontaneous question. I'd bet it could help Kerry to show that his rival is unable to form complete sentences in response.
But, heh, such things will never happen in this highly polished TV-debates.
Wayne VanDeveer - 9/29/2004
Yes, yes, yes. It drives me mad when I hear all this B.S. about "debates" and who will "win". When will the public demand that candidates actually answer real questions from real reporters? This should be the focus of the media in covering these mock "debates", but of course it will be all about hairs styles and who "looks" presidential. We do get the government we deserve
- Tut’s beard glued back on like a bad craft project
- Smithsonian working to finalize deal for new site in London
- The voices of Auschwitz
- What countries teach children about the Holocaust varies hugely
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us
- Marcus Borg, Liberal Christian Scholar, Dies at 72
- Richard Hofstadter’s insights into the "paranoid style in American politics” lauded in the NYT