THE MSU MESS
comments powered by Disqus
Joe Cliburn - 9/26/2004
... when you refer to Shelby Thames as the president of MSU. Last time I checked, he was president at USM (Southern Mississippi) & not at MSU (Mississippi State). Of course, some members of the IHL board (state college board) persist in calling USM "Mississippi Southern," a name that it hasn't used routinely since the early 1960s.
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"