Some Good Reads ...
At Books and Culture, Oxford's Albert Louis Zambone reviews Rhys Isaac's new biography, Landon Carter's Uneasy Kingdom: Revolution and Rebellion on a Virginia Plantation (Oxford, 2004); and my friend, Eugene McCarraher notes the centennial of Max Weber's The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism in an essay,"Max Weber and the Enchanted Cage."
Jonathan Yardley reviews two new biographies of Ulysses S. Grant for the Washington Post. Grant has been getting a remarkably positive new look from historians.
comments powered by Disqus
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Martin Amis’s ‘Zone of Interest’ Makes European Publishers Squirm
- Urban Outfitters Features "Vintage" Red-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt
- Americans know surprisingly little about their government, survey finds
- Do You Have Snippets of the Star-Spangled Banner?