Some Good Reads ...
At Books and Culture, Oxford's Albert Louis Zambone reviews Rhys Isaac's new biography, Landon Carter's Uneasy Kingdom: Revolution and Rebellion on a Virginia Plantation (Oxford, 2004); and my friend, Eugene McCarraher notes the centennial of Max Weber's The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism in an essay,"Max Weber and the Enchanted Cage."
Jonathan Yardley reviews two new biographies of Ulysses S. Grant for the Washington Post. Grant has been getting a remarkably positive new look from historians.
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award