Robert Higgs on C-Span (12 Noon)
comments powered by Disqus
RickC - 4/5/2009
Completely agree on every point. I was about half convinced that several callers and e-mailers weren't listening very well, if at all. Most of them basically asked the same question over and over.
Keith Halderman - 4/5/2009
I concur, absolutely great job, especially when it came to countering the myth that government somehow serves and protects the poor.
RJ Sestack - 4/5/2009
Wow, the interview with Dr. Higgs certainly validates the “great” that Professor Beito used to describe him. For anyone who missed it, it is well worth watching. Dr. Higgs was as usual extremely intelligent, informative, and articulate, but here we get to see him interact with callers of varying views. It was quite entertaining. Particularly noteworthy was how he responded with equanimity & intellectual force when confronted by hostile callers and with probing and accusatory questions. The metaphor he used in answering a hypothetical question about returning a Social Security check was absolutely brilliant.
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller