Robert Higgs on C-Span (12 Noon)
comments powered by Disqus
RickC - 4/5/2009
Completely agree on every point. I was about half convinced that several callers and e-mailers weren't listening very well, if at all. Most of them basically asked the same question over and over.
Keith Halderman - 4/5/2009
I concur, absolutely great job, especially when it came to countering the myth that government somehow serves and protects the poor.
RJ Sestack - 4/5/2009
Wow, the interview with Dr. Higgs certainly validates the “great” that Professor Beito used to describe him. For anyone who missed it, it is well worth watching. Dr. Higgs was as usual extremely intelligent, informative, and articulate, but here we get to see him interact with callers of varying views. It was quite entertaining. Particularly noteworthy was how he responded with equanimity & intellectual force when confronted by hostile callers and with probing and accusatory questions. The metaphor he used in answering a hypothetical question about returning a Social Security check was absolutely brilliant.
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Ron Radosh plans to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture