Robert Higgs on C-Span (12 Noon)
comments powered by Disqus
RickC - 4/5/2009
Completely agree on every point. I was about half convinced that several callers and e-mailers weren't listening very well, if at all. Most of them basically asked the same question over and over.
Keith Halderman - 4/5/2009
I concur, absolutely great job, especially when it came to countering the myth that government somehow serves and protects the poor.
RJ Sestack - 4/5/2009
Wow, the interview with Dr. Higgs certainly validates the “great” that Professor Beito used to describe him. For anyone who missed it, it is well worth watching. Dr. Higgs was as usual extremely intelligent, informative, and articulate, but here we get to see him interact with callers of varying views. It was quite entertaining. Particularly noteworthy was how he responded with equanimity & intellectual force when confronted by hostile callers and with probing and accusatory questions. The metaphor he used in answering a hypothetical question about returning a Social Security check was absolutely brilliant.
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?