Robert Higgs on C-Span (12 Noon)
comments powered by Disqus
RickC - 4/5/2009
Completely agree on every point. I was about half convinced that several callers and e-mailers weren't listening very well, if at all. Most of them basically asked the same question over and over.
Keith Halderman - 4/5/2009
I concur, absolutely great job, especially when it came to countering the myth that government somehow serves and protects the poor.
RJ Sestack - 4/5/2009
Wow, the interview with Dr. Higgs certainly validates the “great” that Professor Beito used to describe him. For anyone who missed it, it is well worth watching. Dr. Higgs was as usual extremely intelligent, informative, and articulate, but here we get to see him interact with callers of varying views. It was quite entertaining. Particularly noteworthy was how he responded with equanimity & intellectual force when confronted by hostile callers and with probing and accusatory questions. The metaphor he used in answering a hypothetical question about returning a Social Security check was absolutely brilliant.
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History