Noted Here and There ...
Hugo Schwyzer claims that he's a bigger threat to the institution of marriage than, well, other threats to the institution of marriage.
On the serious side of things, behind the bamboo curtain of our indifference, there are 50,000,000 people in the land Aung San Suu Kyi calls a"fascist disneyland." Geoffrey Hiller offers this beautiful photojournalistic tour of Burma. Thanks to Patrick Belton at Oxblog for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History
- Joan Peters’s legacy assessed by one of her fiercest critics, Norman Finkelstein