Noted Here and There ...
Hugo Schwyzer claims that he's a bigger threat to the institution of marriage than, well, other threats to the institution of marriage.
On the serious side of things, behind the bamboo curtain of our indifference, there are 50,000,000 people in the land Aung San Suu Kyi calls a"fascist disneyland." Geoffrey Hiller offers this beautiful photojournalistic tour of Burma. Thanks to Patrick Belton at Oxblog for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy