Noted Here and There ...
Hugo Schwyzer claims that he's a bigger threat to the institution of marriage than, well, other threats to the institution of marriage.
On the serious side of things, behind the bamboo curtain of our indifference, there are 50,000,000 people in the land Aung San Suu Kyi calls a"fascist disneyland." Geoffrey Hiller offers this beautiful photojournalistic tour of Burma. Thanks to Patrick Belton at Oxblog for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
- Coming Soon, a Century Late: A Black Film Gem
- The discovery that complicated the history of sex change operations
- NYT identifies the person who exposed Gary Hart's philandering
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Ken Burns and the Myth of Theodore Roosevelt
- What Ken Burns Doesn't Understand about the Roosevelts
- A call for historians to do macro history
- Colorado school board, worried about the new AP framework, wants to make sure high school kids are taught patriotic history
- Professor premieres animated short on Pueblo revolt on PBS