Noted Here and There ...
Hugo Schwyzer claims that he's a bigger threat to the institution of marriage than, well, other threats to the institution of marriage.
On the serious side of things, behind the bamboo curtain of our indifference, there are 50,000,000 people in the land Aung San Suu Kyi calls a"fascist disneyland." Geoffrey Hiller offers this beautiful photojournalistic tour of Burma. Thanks to Patrick Belton at Oxblog for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dr. Saad Eskander's forced departure from Iraq's National Library and Archives deplored
- Nancy Cott selected as the next President-Elect of the Organization of American Historians
- Scholar calls ISIS destruction of antiquities an example of ethnic cleansing
- Historian Qingjia Edward Wang never thought he would one day write a book about chopsticks.
- Bernard Bailyn’s influence on the profession is hailed in the WSJ