Michael Dirda,"Darker Judas, or A Forgiving Light?" Washington Post, 26 March, reviews Susan Gubar's Judas: A Biography.
Edward Rothstein,"There Are No Small Parts in This American History Lesson," NYT, 11 March, reviews"Big!" an exhibit at the National Archives in Washington, DC.
Graham Barnfield reviews Sean McCann's A Pinnacle of Feeling: American Literature and Presidential Government for the THES, 26 March.
Joanna Lewis reviews Paul Collier's Wars, Guns and Votes: Democracy in Dangerous Places, on post-colonial sub-Saharan Africa, for the THES, 26 March.
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90