Michael Dirda,"Darker Judas, or A Forgiving Light?" Washington Post, 26 March, reviews Susan Gubar's Judas: A Biography.
Edward Rothstein,"There Are No Small Parts in This American History Lesson," NYT, 11 March, reviews"Big!" an exhibit at the National Archives in Washington, DC.
Graham Barnfield reviews Sean McCann's A Pinnacle of Feeling: American Literature and Presidential Government for the THES, 26 March.
Joanna Lewis reviews Paul Collier's Wars, Guns and Votes: Democracy in Dangerous Places, on post-colonial sub-Saharan Africa, for the THES, 26 March.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools