Michael Dirda,"Darker Judas, or A Forgiving Light?" Washington Post, 26 March, reviews Susan Gubar's Judas: A Biography.
Edward Rothstein,"There Are No Small Parts in This American History Lesson," NYT, 11 March, reviews"Big!" an exhibit at the National Archives in Washington, DC.
Graham Barnfield reviews Sean McCann's A Pinnacle of Feeling: American Literature and Presidential Government for the THES, 26 March.
Joanna Lewis reviews Paul Collier's Wars, Guns and Votes: Democracy in Dangerous Places, on post-colonial sub-Saharan Africa, for the THES, 26 March.
comments powered by Disqus
- Revised AP U.S. History Standards Will Emphasize American Exceptionalism
- In a county that tried to amend U.S. history course, a lesson in politics
- Overhauling La Guardia, an Airport With a Historical Name but a Tarnished Image
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success