Michael Dirda,"Darker Judas, or A Forgiving Light?" Washington Post, 26 March, reviews Susan Gubar's Judas: A Biography.
Edward Rothstein,"There Are No Small Parts in This American History Lesson," NYT, 11 March, reviews"Big!" an exhibit at the National Archives in Washington, DC.
Graham Barnfield reviews Sean McCann's A Pinnacle of Feeling: American Literature and Presidential Government for the THES, 26 March.
Joanna Lewis reviews Paul Collier's Wars, Guns and Votes: Democracy in Dangerous Places, on post-colonial sub-Saharan Africa, for the THES, 26 March.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)