Travesty of Justice
comments powered by Disqus
M.D. Fulwiler - 8/20/2004
Now they get you to "confess" to things you didn't do by threatening to charge you with a horrendous crime if you don't accept a plea bargain.
And life imprisonment for robbery? Even if guilty, that hardly seems just if nobody was killed or seriously hurt.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I