The Productive Historian ...
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 8/16/2004
Actually, I consider this summer to have been kind of a wash, in terms of productivity. A paper I'd delivered in draft form before was revised, re-presented, re-revised and ambitiously submitted to a field-leading journal. I wrote a book review. I didn't get a lot more than that done, academically speaking; now, having taken more time than I expected to get even that much done, I'm struggling to put my syllabi together.
As proud as I am of my blogging and commentaries, not a lot of people consider it 'productive' history.
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook