But Radosh was no Whitaker Chambers. He wasn't even Ben Gitlow after he'd been doing the schtick for a few years and turned into a bore. Then again, the fault may not have been with the author; at least not entirely. It could be that I have grown jaded.
In any event, Radosh has again imposed himself upon my eyeballs, after almost eight years, via Pajamas Media, which comes as a surprise because at last report PM (hey, now, how did thatcoincidence go unnoticed?) was about to go under.
The article in question by Radosh is of interest -- to the degree that it is -- mainly for the following:
I received a lengthy communication a few days ago on Obama's program from a historian who considers himself a man of the Left, who believes that what is currently called the Left is in reality a"sectarian proto-Fascist" group, for whom Obama is a willing instrument. This historian puts his conclusion this way: Obama, he thinks, is playing the crisis angle not just for New Deal reform,"but to advance a state-command agenda, leading to a party-state regime...=fascism American style." All who hold"liberal democracy dear," he writes,"across left and right need urgently to coalesce...and realign for a political movement to rejuvenate American Liberal Democracy."
What a coincidence! I have heard precisely the same thoughts expressed in my own neighborhood by an unkempt figure who occasionally announces that he is a cheese omlet, inviting passers-by to sprinkle him with paprika.
Now, I'm no breakfast chef, so won't get into an argument about that, nor have I asked if this fellow" considers himself a man of the Left." But it's a small world, and you do have to wonder if they might be the same person.
comments powered by Disqus
Les Baitzer - 3/10/2009
Great Post (clapping)!!!
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford
- Integration Of Cheerleaders Was Difficult To Achieve
- New-York Historical Society to Open Women’s History Center