Alan V. Murray reviews Abdul Rahman Azzam's Saladin for the THES, 5 March.
Dane T. Daniel reviews Charles Webster's Paracelsus: Medicine, Magic and Mission at the End of Time for the THES, 5 March.
Jonathan Bate,"The Power of Milton," TLS, 4 March, reviews Gordon Campbell's and Thomas N. Corns's John Milton: Life, Work, and Thought.
Susan Harrow reviews Edmund White's Rimbaud: The Double Life of a Rebel for the THES, 5 March.
Leslie Gofton reviews Joachim Radkau's Max Weber: A Biography, for the THES, 26 February.
Lori Brooks reviews Chad Heap's Slumming: Sexual and Racial Encounters in American Nightlife, 1885-1940 for the THES, 5 March.
Ritchie Robertson,"Was Hitler a Bookworm?" TLS, 4 March, reviews Timothy W. Ryback's Hitler's Private Library: The Books That Shaped His Life.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity