HIGH PRESSURE SALESMAN CALLED OBAMA
WALLACE: Is the February 16 deadline firm?
OBAMA: Yes, because nobody disagrees with the idea that, if we keep on putting this off, that we're going to end up seeing more months with half a million people losing their jobs each month. We can't afford to wait.
In other words, if we do not permit the new president to borrow an additional Billion dollars China, Russia, Arab oil producers seem anxious to lend us to spend as he wishes by February 16, we are doomed.
If you ask me, we, and not only our children and grandchildren, are doomed if we do. For the bill in the form of inflation and high interest rates will come due much sooner than 25 years.
Who gets it? Those so called"stupid" American people who are paying their debts and saving every penny they can. Already, the country's saving rate went up from 1% to 3.5%.
We shall save the republic yet.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton