What If No One Shows Up for PC?
Delicious! If anyone is more clueless than PC advocates about the real concerns of average people, then it has to be academic PC advocates. Case in point...The University of Iowa held a panel"to discuss sexual harassment with students." No students showed up. So the panel discussion became"how to get young people to focus on the issue." The fact that students -- from first-year to grad-level, from enthusiastic newcomers to wisdom-steeped twenty-somethings -- did not think the free information was worth showing up for did not daunt the panel, whose livelihoods may well be somehow connected with sculpting or enforcing UI policy. They know better than the average student how he or she should be expending their time and attention. It should be spent on what they value, not what the student values. Everyone on that panel should GET A JOB!
comments powered by Disqus
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening