Global Warming Heresy from the Left
comments powered by Disqus
Justin Bowen - 2/1/2009
So I went to that link and checked out the comment by Concerned_citizen. His (her?) comments caught my interest. Being the curious person that I am, I decided that I would turn to google and try to find the studies or links to the stories that explain the claims being made. What did I find?
Well, to be honest, I haven't actually delved too deeply, yet. As it turns out, that post is but one variation of what appears to be a chain-post (the forum version of a chain-email) that has made its way around the internet. If one were to actually copy and paste even one of those quotes into google and search for references (it doesn't matter which one), one would be bombarded by numerous links to forums where the same post or some other variation of it can be found. For most of the claims, some links are easily found on the web. For others, one must do some serious digging. At the very least, the fact that this comment, and others like it, is a chain-post ought to give one as much pause as when one hears the claims of the global-warming cultists.
Now, I'm not suggesting that the claims in the posts are not true. It is quite possible that some, most, or all of them are true. What I am suggesting is that intelligent people ought to take both sides' claims with less than a grain of salt. Every issue that one hears about in the public forum has more than one side to it. The proponents of each side have their own agenda. Intelligent people ought to exercise due diligence when taking in any information.
- Climate of Change: The Catholic Church's Dance With Science
- Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs
- Nazis Triumph Over Communists in Ukraine
- Obits for Happy Rockefeller blamed her for his political decline. Don’t believe it.
- Historian investigates claim that Bugsy Siegel wanted to kill Goring
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize