Global Warming Heresy from the Left
comments powered by Disqus
Justin Bowen - 2/1/2009
So I went to that link and checked out the comment by Concerned_citizen. His (her?) comments caught my interest. Being the curious person that I am, I decided that I would turn to google and try to find the studies or links to the stories that explain the claims being made. What did I find?
Well, to be honest, I haven't actually delved too deeply, yet. As it turns out, that post is but one variation of what appears to be a chain-post (the forum version of a chain-email) that has made its way around the internet. If one were to actually copy and paste even one of those quotes into google and search for references (it doesn't matter which one), one would be bombarded by numerous links to forums where the same post or some other variation of it can be found. For most of the claims, some links are easily found on the web. For others, one must do some serious digging. At the very least, the fact that this comment, and others like it, is a chain-post ought to give one as much pause as when one hears the claims of the global-warming cultists.
Now, I'm not suggesting that the claims in the posts are not true. It is quite possible that some, most, or all of them are true. What I am suggesting is that intelligent people ought to take both sides' claims with less than a grain of salt. Every issue that one hears about in the public forum has more than one side to it. The proponents of each side have their own agenda. Intelligent people ought to exercise due diligence when taking in any information.
- Trump Holds Wide Lead in South Carolina
- An All-or-Nothing Fight for the Supreme Court
- Did Trump Really Lose the Debate?
- Scalia’s Death Sets Off Epic Battle
- Democrats See Gift in GOP Blocking Court Nominee
- Quote of the Day
- The Nastiest GOP Debate
- Reaction to the Republican Debate
- The GOP Presidential Debate
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- Ben Carson used an apparently fake Joseph Stalin quote — and the Internet loved it
- Rubio exaggerates in saying it's been 80 years since a 'lame duck' made a Supreme Court nomination
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges