Global Warming Heresy from the Left
comments powered by Disqus
Justin Bowen - 2/1/2009
So I went to that link and checked out the comment by Concerned_citizen. His (her?) comments caught my interest. Being the curious person that I am, I decided that I would turn to google and try to find the studies or links to the stories that explain the claims being made. What did I find?
Well, to be honest, I haven't actually delved too deeply, yet. As it turns out, that post is but one variation of what appears to be a chain-post (the forum version of a chain-email) that has made its way around the internet. If one were to actually copy and paste even one of those quotes into google and search for references (it doesn't matter which one), one would be bombarded by numerous links to forums where the same post or some other variation of it can be found. For most of the claims, some links are easily found on the web. For others, one must do some serious digging. At the very least, the fact that this comment, and others like it, is a chain-post ought to give one as much pause as when one hears the claims of the global-warming cultists.
Now, I'm not suggesting that the claims in the posts are not true. It is quite possible that some, most, or all of them are true. What I am suggesting is that intelligent people ought to take both sides' claims with less than a grain of salt. Every issue that one hears about in the public forum has more than one side to it. The proponents of each side have their own agenda. Intelligent people ought to exercise due diligence when taking in any information.
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum