Anne Hogan reviews Margaret M. McGowan's Dance in the Renaissance: European Fashion, French Obsession for the THES, 29 January.
Gerard Carruthers reviews Robert Crawford's The Bard: Robert Burns, a Biography for the THES, 29 January.
Colm Tóibín,"Urning," LRB, 29 January, reviews Sheila Rowbotham's Edward Carpenter: A Life of Liberty and Love.
comments powered by Disqus
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi