Kudos for Hummel in Reviews in American History
Feller is right in identifying Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men as by far the best of the three. One virtue of the book, as I already pointed out, is that avoids the dangerous fallacies of"Confederate Multiculturalism." Unfortunately, Hummel's book has not gotten the attention it deserves.
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I