Kudos for Hummel in Reviews in American History
Feller is right in identifying Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men as by far the best of the three. One virtue of the book, as I already pointed out, is that avoids the dangerous fallacies of"Confederate Multiculturalism." Unfortunately, Hummel's book has not gotten the attention it deserves.
comments powered by Disqus
- Call to help Moroccan historian Maâti Monjib, who has been on hunger strike since 6 October 2015
- Charles Gillispie, trailblazer in the history of science, dies at 97
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- NC student’s senior thesis selected as top paper sheds light on little-known victory over Jim Crow
- Historian Who Probed Austria’s Nazi Past Begins Sentence for Defrauding State