Kudos for Hummel in Reviews in American History
Feller is right in identifying Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men as by far the best of the three. One virtue of the book, as I already pointed out, is that avoids the dangerous fallacies of"Confederate Multiculturalism." Unfortunately, Hummel's book has not gotten the attention it deserves.
comments powered by Disqus
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport