Kudos for Hummel in Reviews in American History
Feller is right in identifying Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men as by far the best of the three. One virtue of the book, as I already pointed out, is that avoids the dangerous fallacies of"Confederate Multiculturalism." Unfortunately, Hummel's book has not gotten the attention it deserves.
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston