Does anybody remember civil liberties?
Therefore the Supreme Court's decisions in three cases last week concerning the legal rights of those detained during the war on terror seem important enough to applaud. I am not a lawyer, and try to avoid straying into legal issues, so I've hesitated about blogging about them. But leave it to Nick Gillespie at Reason Magazine to express my views more thoughtfully and humorously than I can. In sum it looks like the legal blogs on our side are in agreement that the Court got it right last week. If that's even a small roadblock for the big government conservatives in the Justice Department, then I say let's have a drink for the Court.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Fraser says Trump is sui generis
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103