Does anybody remember civil liberties?
Therefore the Supreme Court's decisions in three cases last week concerning the legal rights of those detained during the war on terror seem important enough to applaud. I am not a lawyer, and try to avoid straying into legal issues, so I've hesitated about blogging about them. But leave it to Nick Gillespie at Reason Magazine to express my views more thoughtfully and humorously than I can. In sum it looks like the legal blogs on our side are in agreement that the Court got it right last week. If that's even a small roadblock for the big government conservatives in the Justice Department, then I say let's have a drink for the Court.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook