A Great 1960s Spy Show Theme(McGoohan, "Danger Man")
On a related matter, just about everybody knows the theme to The Prisoner or"Secret Agent Man" but relatively few have heard the catchy original theme to his show,"Danger Man." Here it is:
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 1/21/2009
Did another theme originally go with the video?
Lawrence H. W - 1/20/2009
David, the YouTube video you link to doesn't actually provide the Danger Man theme. (I know this as a British TV themes otaku. Recommended CD compilation: "The A to Z of British TV Themes," in 3 volumes.) The tune behind the montage is rather a piece of incidental music written for the Danger Man show, entitled "Live Wire". You're right that relatively few know it, but note that it has been covered by the neosurf band Man or Astro-Man? Btw, the Danger Man collection is available on DVD (NetFlix has it), and there's also a Secret Agent soundtrack CD available.
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Novels About Real-Life Women Are Saving Forgotten History
- Rubio becomes the first Republican presidential candidate in 2016 to admit US must confront “painful” history of racial discrimination
- CNN documentary focuses on “Nixon’s Own 9/11"
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success