A Great 1960s Spy Show Theme(McGoohan, "Danger Man")
On a related matter, just about everybody knows the theme to The Prisoner or"Secret Agent Man" but relatively few have heard the catchy original theme to his show,"Danger Man." Here it is:
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 1/20/2009
Did another theme originally go with the video?
Lawrence H. W - 1/19/2009
David, the YouTube video you link to doesn't actually provide the Danger Man theme. (I know this as a British TV themes otaku. Recommended CD compilation: "The A to Z of British TV Themes," in 3 volumes.) The tune behind the montage is rather a piece of incidental music written for the Danger Man show, entitled "Live Wire". You're right that relatively few know it, but note that it has been covered by the neosurf band Man or Astro-Man? Btw, the Danger Man collection is available on DVD (NetFlix has it), and there's also a Secret Agent soundtrack CD available.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”