A Great 1960s Spy Show Theme(McGoohan, "Danger Man")
On a related matter, just about everybody knows the theme to The Prisoner or"Secret Agent Man" but relatively few have heard the catchy original theme to his show,"Danger Man." Here it is:
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 1/21/2009
Did another theme originally go with the video?
Lawrence H. W - 1/20/2009
David, the YouTube video you link to doesn't actually provide the Danger Man theme. (I know this as a British TV themes otaku. Recommended CD compilation: "The A to Z of British TV Themes," in 3 volumes.) The tune behind the montage is rather a piece of incidental music written for the Danger Man show, entitled "Live Wire". You're right that relatively few know it, but note that it has been covered by the neosurf band Man or Astro-Man? Btw, the Danger Man collection is available on DVD (NetFlix has it), and there's also a Secret Agent soundtrack CD available.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing