2008 was not all we hoped it will be. To be honest, 2009 is not starting much better at least for me. My 89 year old mother is in the hospital, Israel is again at war and the world economy is depending on Barnake's printing machine. Still, as good years are those which exceed expectations, there is a fair chance that 2009 will be better than expected. I certainly pray and wish it will.
So, let's raise a glass, smile and hope against hope that ALL THE FIRE WORKS BE AS BENIGN AS THESE -
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)