2008 was not all we hoped it will be. To be honest, 2009 is not starting much better at least for me. My 89 year old mother is in the hospital, Israel is again at war and the world economy is depending on Barnake's printing machine. Still, as good years are those which exceed expectations, there is a fair chance that 2009 will be better than expected. I certainly pray and wish it will.
So, let's raise a glass, smile and hope against hope that ALL THE FIRE WORKS BE AS BENIGN AS THESE -
comments powered by Disqus
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy