2008 was not all we hoped it will be. To be honest, 2009 is not starting much better at least for me. My 89 year old mother is in the hospital, Israel is again at war and the world economy is depending on Barnake's printing machine. Still, as good years are those which exceed expectations, there is a fair chance that 2009 will be better than expected. I certainly pray and wish it will.
So, let's raise a glass, smile and hope against hope that ALL THE FIRE WORKS BE AS BENIGN AS THESE -
comments powered by Disqus
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar