2008 was not all we hoped it will be. To be honest, 2009 is not starting much better at least for me. My 89 year old mother is in the hospital, Israel is again at war and the world economy is depending on Barnake's printing machine. Still, as good years are those which exceed expectations, there is a fair chance that 2009 will be better than expected. I certainly pray and wish it will.
So, let's raise a glass, smile and hope against hope that ALL THE FIRE WORKS BE AS BENIGN AS THESE -
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize