MIRACLE - A FATHER AWAKENS
Just in time.
IDF Colonel Shlomei Dahan, 38, is considered one of the more respected and promising officers in the IDF today. Doctors explain that during the past months, he has been hanging between life and death, seemingly unwilling to give up the battle, fighting to return to his former life.
On 23 July, during the predawn hours, he was summoned to respond to a possible security alert and he was called from his home in the north back to the Gaza district. His driver fell asleep near Magen Jct. and slammed into a tree moving at considerable speed.
Dahan sustained serious head injuries and was evacuated by chopper to the trauma center of Beersheva’s Soroka Medical Center while advanced life support measures were implemented. The accident occurred three weeks before he was to complete his current assignment in the Gaza area. . . .
Family members explain that Sunday, for them, it was a true Chanukah miracle. Dahan opened his eyes and recognized his children Gili, Nadav and Eti. He is capable of understanding verbal communication but his speech is still somewhat difficult to comprehend. The family and the medical team are extremely optimistic.
Today, Monday, he is being moved from the intensive care unit to a rehab unit, where all involved are hopeful he will continue the long painful road to a total recovery.
comments powered by Disqus
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017