Nader goes bust?
For more commentary, please see McBlog.
comments powered by Disqus
David Gross - 6/24/2004
I don't follow the logic here. Nader hurts Democrat aspirations for the White House, no doubt, so it's no surprise at all that the Congressional Black Caucus wants Nader to go away. Ditto for any number of people who've decided to hitch their wagon to the Democrat horse this time around, which includes many people who otherwise would be Nader's philosophical partners. None of this is news.
The Camejo choice is Nader's way of making nice with the Green party in the hopes of being able to use that party's ballot access and reach out to Green voters. That's probably smarter politics than the gender-balancing act you seem to be advocating.
Nader's big advantage in this race is that he opposes U.S. imperial belligerence, which many people - liberal, libertarian, conservative, leftist - think is problem #1. Neither major party candidate is taking this stand - Kerry doesn't stand any further in opposition than to say he'd do what Bush is doing, only he'd do it better and with more troops. (And, Libertarian Party loyalists listen up: you're dropping the ball on this one, too.)
(Note: I'm not a Nader supporter myself, so don't ask me to defend his positions on X, Y and Z - I'm just surprised that anyone's concluding he's a non-player.)
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"