Nader goes bust?
For more commentary, please see McBlog.
comments powered by Disqus
David Gross - 6/24/2004
I don't follow the logic here. Nader hurts Democrat aspirations for the White House, no doubt, so it's no surprise at all that the Congressional Black Caucus wants Nader to go away. Ditto for any number of people who've decided to hitch their wagon to the Democrat horse this time around, which includes many people who otherwise would be Nader's philosophical partners. None of this is news.
The Camejo choice is Nader's way of making nice with the Green party in the hopes of being able to use that party's ballot access and reach out to Green voters. That's probably smarter politics than the gender-balancing act you seem to be advocating.
Nader's big advantage in this race is that he opposes U.S. imperial belligerence, which many people - liberal, libertarian, conservative, leftist - think is problem #1. Neither major party candidate is taking this stand - Kerry doesn't stand any further in opposition than to say he'd do what Bush is doing, only he'd do it better and with more troops. (And, Libertarian Party loyalists listen up: you're dropping the ball on this one, too.)
(Note: I'm not a Nader supporter myself, so don't ask me to defend his positions on X, Y and Z - I'm just surprised that anyone's concluding he's a non-player.)
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”