Ok, He's Not Jay Leno, but ...
A gem from yesterday's NYT is a quote from John Kerry from 2000 after he found out that he had not been picked to be Gore's running mate:
"I learned when I woke up in the morning, like everyone else," Mr. Kerry said on a radio show at the time. "First thing I did was jump in my S.U.V. and go out for a really long drive on my Firestone tires."
comments powered by Disqus
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer