Ok, He's Not Jay Leno, but ...
A gem from yesterday's NYT is a quote from John Kerry from 2000 after he found out that he had not been picked to be Gore's running mate:
"I learned when I woke up in the morning, like everyone else," Mr. Kerry said on a radio show at the time. "First thing I did was jump in my S.U.V. and go out for a really long drive on my Firestone tires."
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History
- Joan Peters’s legacy assessed by one of her fiercest critics, Norman Finkelstein