GAVRIEL & RIVKA HOLTZBERG MURDERED
Frida, Gavriel's mother, told of the couple's commitment to the Chabad center in Mumbai."There is no other couple like them, they did so much for strangers," she said."They helped people with money, with everything they could. They gave themselves completely to others."
In this case, the mother told the truth. Indeed, I along with dozens of Jews finding ourselves during the Passover in Goa as well as in Mumbai, benefited from their efforts to enable us to celebrate the holiday. It was Holtzberts who made sure we had all the necessary but most difficult to attain supplies from Matza to Kosher wine to Haggada needed for the Seder. It was quite a logistic triumph and it is a night I will remember for the rest of my life.
Of course, as far as Gavriel (i.e., man of G-d)and Rivka and, indeed, the rest of Chabad India were concerned, such feats were par for the course. Aware of the hold India has on the imagination of young Jews and Israeli, they took it upon themselves to create a network of centers where everybody could find a bit of home in a strange land. They are there of provide a clean bed, a warm meal, a holiday gathering, a book or merely a welcoming smile, coffee and sympathy.
May their memory be blessed along with the nanny who rescued Moshe Tsvi, their bloody 2 year old child whose birthday the terrorists disrupted. May G-d bless and protect him and his wonderful nanny who saved his life. Watch
May the memory of the Indian commando who lost his life during the rescue operation be blessed.
Special gratitude also goes to the ZAKA members who undertake the gruesome work of insuring that terror victims receive a proper Jewish burial. No place is too far for ZAKA. Two of their members, along with the Israeli Red Star of David, flew to India to do what they could. I am sure their undertaking brought a measure of comfort to the grieving families.
The heroic hotel stuff saved lives. Unlike the Indian elite, the average Indian are something else. Now, let's hope they'll throw out Congress and end Muslim appeasment. Reelecting Congress means telling extremists that their atrocities have no consequences.
comments powered by Disqus
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller