GAVRIEL & RIVKA HOLTZBERG MURDERED
Frida, Gavriel's mother, told of the couple's commitment to the Chabad center in Mumbai."There is no other couple like them, they did so much for strangers," she said."They helped people with money, with everything they could. They gave themselves completely to others."
In this case, the mother told the truth. Indeed, I along with dozens of Jews finding ourselves during the Passover in Goa as well as in Mumbai, benefited from their efforts to enable us to celebrate the holiday. It was Holtzberts who made sure we had all the necessary but most difficult to attain supplies from Matza to Kosher wine to Haggada needed for the Seder. It was quite a logistic triumph and it is a night I will remember for the rest of my life.
Of course, as far as Gavriel (i.e., man of G-d)and Rivka and, indeed, the rest of Chabad India were concerned, such feats were par for the course. Aware of the hold India has on the imagination of young Jews and Israeli, they took it upon themselves to create a network of centers where everybody could find a bit of home in a strange land. They are there of provide a clean bed, a warm meal, a holiday gathering, a book or merely a welcoming smile, coffee and sympathy.
May their memory be blessed along with the nanny who rescued Moshe Tsvi, their bloody 2 year old child whose birthday the terrorists disrupted. May G-d bless and protect him and his wonderful nanny who saved his life. Watch
May the memory of the Indian commando who lost his life during the rescue operation be blessed.
Special gratitude also goes to the ZAKA members who undertake the gruesome work of insuring that terror victims receive a proper Jewish burial. No place is too far for ZAKA. Two of their members, along with the Israeli Red Star of David, flew to India to do what they could. I am sure their undertaking brought a measure of comfort to the grieving families.
The heroic hotel stuff saved lives. Unlike the Indian elite, the average Indian are something else. Now, let's hope they'll throw out Congress and end Muslim appeasment. Reelecting Congress means telling extremists that their atrocities have no consequences.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton