Obana's New PLan
The transition team promptly responded to my concerns by sending me an e-mail touting Obama’s new plan to create 2.5 million jobs. This reminded me of something I once heard said by a Libertarian running for a seat in the Michigan Legislature to the effect that, if every job promised by a politician were actually created then we would all have to have three jobs and the dog would have to have a job too.
A press report (note the larger than life picture) on the plan unintentionally suggests a certain disconnection with reality. Obama promises not to raise taxes on the rich and to lower taxes for everyone else while at the same time tremendously increasing domestic spending. This plan brings up the same question that the larger more active military and various bailouts do, where is all this money coming from?
comments powered by Disqus
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service