MILIBAND KOW TOWS TO SYRIA
Poor David Miliband. He is no match for immovable Syrians. They know that the best way to deal with the West is to give them hope and if they insist on more, throw them a bone. Then, back to normal intransigence. Miliband is playing true to form. The UN blamed Syria for the Hariri assassination. The IAEA confirms Syria was trying to develop nuclear weapons.
Never mind, Miliband holds a joint news conference with the Syrian FM who blames Israeli bombs for the processed uranium UN inspectors uncovered. Miliband assures reporters that Syria is a good country, a true force for stability in the Middle East.
Why? He and Sarkozy dream of driving a wedge between Iran and Syria. The Syrian FM was not silly enough to disabuse him of the dream.
Also see, Jonathan Spyer, Syria is getting away with murder
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize