MILIBAND KOW TOWS TO SYRIA
Poor David Miliband. He is no match for immovable Syrians. They know that the best way to deal with the West is to give them hope and if they insist on more, throw them a bone. Then, back to normal intransigence. Miliband is playing true to form. The UN blamed Syria for the Hariri assassination. The IAEA confirms Syria was trying to develop nuclear weapons.
Never mind, Miliband holds a joint news conference with the Syrian FM who blames Israeli bombs for the processed uranium UN inspectors uncovered. Miliband assures reporters that Syria is a good country, a true force for stability in the Middle East.
Why? He and Sarkozy dream of driving a wedge between Iran and Syria. The Syrian FM was not silly enough to disabuse him of the dream.
Also see, Jonathan Spyer, Syria is getting away with murder
comments powered by Disqus
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts