MILIBAND KOW TOWS TO SYRIA
Poor David Miliband. He is no match for immovable Syrians. They know that the best way to deal with the West is to give them hope and if they insist on more, throw them a bone. Then, back to normal intransigence. Miliband is playing true to form. The UN blamed Syria for the Hariri assassination. The IAEA confirms Syria was trying to develop nuclear weapons.
Never mind, Miliband holds a joint news conference with the Syrian FM who blames Israeli bombs for the processed uranium UN inspectors uncovered. Miliband assures reporters that Syria is a good country, a true force for stability in the Middle East.
Why? He and Sarkozy dream of driving a wedge between Iran and Syria. The Syrian FM was not silly enough to disabuse him of the dream.
Also see, Jonathan Spyer, Syria is getting away with murder
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook