However I did want to point out that the extended Reagan bio in the New York Times is a shameless hatchet job. Even in his death the left can't help themselves.
comments powered by Disqus
Pat Lynch - 6/7/2004
It seems to me that newspapers are a little different than politicians trying to score points. We all know that reporters have biases, but the myth of objective journalism creates the notion that what's in the NYT or LA Times or any other significant regional/national paper is "different." It may not be different to folks like us who spend a lot of time thinking about this, but it does to millions of readers.
And for that reason there is a difference, worth noticing I'd say.
Jonathan Dresner - 6/6/2004
Why should the "left" restrain itself just because he's dead? The 'right' isn't restraining itself in its praise for the man, and as your fellow blogger points out (http://hnn.us/blogs/entries/5512.html) it's just as political.
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama