However I did want to point out that the extended Reagan bio in the New York Times is a shameless hatchet job. Even in his death the left can't help themselves.
comments powered by Disqus
Pat Lynch - 6/7/2004
It seems to me that newspapers are a little different than politicians trying to score points. We all know that reporters have biases, but the myth of objective journalism creates the notion that what's in the NYT or LA Times or any other significant regional/national paper is "different." It may not be different to folks like us who spend a lot of time thinking about this, but it does to millions of readers.
And for that reason there is a difference, worth noticing I'd say.
Jonathan Dresner - 6/6/2004
Why should the "left" restrain itself just because he's dead? The 'right' isn't restraining itself in its praise for the man, and as your fellow blogger points out (http://hnn.us/blogs/entries/5512.html) it's just as political.
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening