However I did want to point out that the extended Reagan bio in the New York Times is a shameless hatchet job. Even in his death the left can't help themselves.
comments powered by Disqus
Pat Lynch - 6/7/2004
It seems to me that newspapers are a little different than politicians trying to score points. We all know that reporters have biases, but the myth of objective journalism creates the notion that what's in the NYT or LA Times or any other significant regional/national paper is "different." It may not be different to folks like us who spend a lot of time thinking about this, but it does to millions of readers.
And for that reason there is a difference, worth noticing I'd say.
Jonathan Dresner - 6/6/2004
Why should the "left" restrain itself just because he's dead? The 'right' isn't restraining itself in its praise for the man, and as your fellow blogger points out (http://hnn.us/blogs/entries/5512.html) it's just as political.
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- OAH denounces anti-gay legislation signed by Indiana governor
- U.S. historian denounces Japanese scholars' statement over wartime sexual slavery
- Timothy V Johnson Named Head of Tamiment Library