More on That College Issue
Roderick Long’s link to the surprisingly favorable New York Times Magazine article about Auburn's philosophy department spurred me to leaf through the printed version of the “College Issue.” It’s decidedly a mixed bag, with the New York Times unable to avoid politicking. We learn about what a good teacher Barack Obama was and how the Naval Academy today is nothing like what it was in the bad old days when John McCain was there.
comments powered by Disqus
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz