More on That College Issue
Roderick Long’s link to the surprisingly favorable New York Times Magazine article about Auburn's philosophy department spurred me to leaf through the printed version of the “College Issue.” It’s decidedly a mixed bag, with the New York Times unable to avoid politicking. We learn about what a good teacher Barack Obama was and how the Naval Academy today is nothing like what it was in the bad old days when John McCain was there.
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College