Richard Milhous McCain Debates John Fitzgerald Obama
Like McCain, Obama endorsed the General Jack Ripperesque move of admitting Ukraine and Georgia to NATO (thus potentially obligating the U.S. to escalate to World War III in case of a border dispute with Russia) and a"surge" of more U.S. troops into Afghanistan. Obama's statements on U.S. military incursions into Pakistan made McCain look almost cool-headed by comparison (no small accomplishment).
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 9/30/2008
I agree. The debate made even more obvious the fact that McCain is on a very short fuse emotionally. I shudder to think what he would have done during the Cuban Missile Crisis
Common Sense - 9/29/2008
Politicians will say whatever they think they need to say to win. Look at their foreign policy advisers. McCain has more crusaders; Obama more realists. Obama does not think that singing "Bomb Iran" is funny.
David T. Beito - 9/27/2008
I don't know how many times I've seen that film but it never registered. He was a brigadier general.
Robert Higgs - 9/27/2008
David, please! It's GENERAL Jack Ripper, not COLONEL Jack Ripper.
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize