The Palin Pick
Obama's choice of Biden, by contrast, was completely uninspired. Biden's record as the ultimate insider only serves to undermine Obama's "change" message. His best hope was to have reinforced this message by picking an independent Democrat or Republican, such as Senator Chuck Hagel of Nebraska or Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Sydney - 9/7/2008
Most of the liberal Democrats hang their hat on a big turnout of African American and youth voters to put Obama over the line. This shows it's not just the evangelical right who believe in miracles.
Anthony Gregory - 8/29/2008
I think McCain will win.
David T. Beito - 8/29/2008
Then again, we may be thinking too much like libertarians. The public may have a different mind-set.
Common Sense - 8/29/2008
I think you are right. A depressing thought indeed.
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools