The Palin Pick
Obama's choice of Biden, by contrast, was completely uninspired. Biden's record as the ultimate insider only serves to undermine Obama's "change" message. His best hope was to have reinforced this message by picking an independent Democrat or Republican, such as Senator Chuck Hagel of Nebraska or Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Sydney - 9/7/2008
Most of the liberal Democrats hang their hat on a big turnout of African American and youth voters to put Obama over the line. This shows it's not just the evangelical right who believe in miracles.
Anthony Gregory - 8/29/2008
I think McCain will win.
David T. Beito - 8/29/2008
Then again, we may be thinking too much like libertarians. The public may have a different mind-set.
Common Sense - 8/29/2008
I think you are right. A depressing thought indeed.
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History
- Joan Peters’s legacy assessed by one of her fiercest critics, Norman Finkelstein