The Palin Pick
Obama's choice of Biden, by contrast, was completely uninspired. Biden's record as the ultimate insider only serves to undermine Obama's "change" message. His best hope was to have reinforced this message by picking an independent Democrat or Republican, such as Senator Chuck Hagel of Nebraska or Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana.
comments powered by Disqus
Tim Sydney - 9/7/2008
Most of the liberal Democrats hang their hat on a big turnout of African American and youth voters to put Obama over the line. This shows it's not just the evangelical right who believe in miracles.
Anthony Gregory - 8/29/2008
I think McCain will win.
David T. Beito - 8/29/2008
Then again, we may be thinking too much like libertarians. The public may have a different mind-set.
Common Sense - 8/29/2008
I think you are right. A depressing thought indeed.
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize