Read the Constitution
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 5/27/2004
Moreover, the electoral college win was more a judicial than electoral function: given the margin of error in the voting, Florida was a tie, and awarding it to either of them was pretty much discretionary.
And some of us think the "winner-take-all" states should grow up and join the proportional vote crowd.
David Gross - 5/27/2004
1) I think it's the case that a few states proportionally allocate their electors rather than having a winner-take-all system.
2) Perhaps the "Gore fans" aren't being ignorant of how the U.S. presidential election mechanics work, but are merely reminding people that the Dubya Squad had a less-than-popular mandate.
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017