Read the Constitution
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 5/27/2004
Moreover, the electoral college win was more a judicial than electoral function: given the margin of error in the voting, Florida was a tie, and awarding it to either of them was pretty much discretionary.
And some of us think the "winner-take-all" states should grow up and join the proportional vote crowd.
David Gross - 5/27/2004
1) I think it's the case that a few states proportionally allocate their electors rather than having a winner-take-all system.
2) Perhaps the "Gore fans" aren't being ignorant of how the U.S. presidential election mechanics work, but are merely reminding people that the Dubya Squad had a less-than-popular mandate.
- What Niall Ferguson's been tweeting lately
- Scholar of Urban Riots: Expect More Unrest
- Historian says Indian mascots remain popular even at schools that dropped them
- Garry Wills says the Pope is scaring the dickens out of rich people