It's going to be interesting to watch how the Bush administration spins Iraq in its second term (which I strongly suspect is inevitable). Bush's right wing chorus will continue to talk about how horrible the old regime was and proclaim lies about Saddam's ties to terror. But we are clearly not going to get anything approaching"liberty" or"freedom" as we think of it there, and we may in fact get an antagnostic government once we pull out. Of course by then Bush jr. will be giving talks in Japan and watching his brother run for president from his ranch in Texas.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”