It's going to be interesting to watch how the Bush administration spins Iraq in its second term (which I strongly suspect is inevitable). Bush's right wing chorus will continue to talk about how horrible the old regime was and proclaim lies about Saddam's ties to terror. But we are clearly not going to get anything approaching"liberty" or"freedom" as we think of it there, and we may in fact get an antagnostic government once we pull out. Of course by then Bush jr. will be giving talks in Japan and watching his brother run for president from his ranch in Texas.
comments powered by Disqus
- Florida professor to burn Confederate flag
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign