It's going to be interesting to watch how the Bush administration spins Iraq in its second term (which I strongly suspect is inevitable). Bush's right wing chorus will continue to talk about how horrible the old regime was and proclaim lies about Saddam's ties to terror. But we are clearly not going to get anything approaching"liberty" or"freedom" as we think of it there, and we may in fact get an antagnostic government once we pull out. Of course by then Bush jr. will be giving talks in Japan and watching his brother run for president from his ranch in Texas.
comments powered by Disqus
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China
- Francis Fukuyama is still bullish on where history is headed, but Americans should worry: republics can decay.