Bernard-Henri Lévy, The Task of the Jews to mount a counter offensive against antisemitism run amock. Yes, even this liberal sophisticated French intellectual is worried.
Richard Giragosian, Georgian planning flaws led to campaign failure:
Although the relatively brief duration of open hostilities now seem to have ended, the campaign has significantly decimated Georgian military capabilities and has raised new questions over the viability of both Georgia’s long-time aspirations for NATO membership and its hopes to retake its two break-away regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, as well as spurring a sharp deterioration in Russian-U.S. relations.
Although the initial 7 August Georgian offensive to retake the break-away region of South Ossetia was triggered by a series of provocations, ranging from the shootdown of several Israeli-produced Georgian unmanned arial vehicles (UAVs) to an influx of new Russian peacekeepers and equipment in May, the Georgian military strategy was significantly flawed from the start, based on an underestimation of the Russian response and an inadequate threat assessment.
Anna Smolchenko, Matt Siegel Medvedev Vies With Putin in Word War by following faithfully in the footsteps of Putin. Not to worry. Russia has but one tsar.
Sami Moubayed , Confident Iran is singing its own tune Yes, Putin is following in Ahmadinejad's footsteps. As i have repeatedly argued. Time is not free and neither is inaction.
If anything, the radicalization of Iran - and the policies of Iraq's Maliki - are testimony that Tehran feels strong and that Iran can do whatever it wants and get away with it. There is a feeling in Tehran and Baghdad that the Bush administration is beginning its long march into history and is too weak and too distracted to pursue any foolish new adventure in the Persian Gulf.
Protection Racket:Protection Racket: Italy let PLO terrorists set up domestic training bases The result was not only Israeli/Jewish dead (including Leon Klinghoffer) but also Italian dead:
Cossinga also said that Palestinian groups were to blame for a devastating 1980 explosion at an Italian train station that killed 85 people and wounded some 200. He said that was likely a"work accident" by Palestinians transporting explosives into Italy.
comments powered by Disqus
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller