Barr Threatens to Sue Church for Not Inviting Him to Forum
Barack Obama and John McCain are scheduled to make a joint appearance Saturday at Saddleback Church in Orange County, Calif...
Russ Verney, campaign manager for the former Georgia congressman, has just sent out a mass e-mail saying Barr will seek a court order to require the church to invite him, too.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 8/22/2008
He should be suing for the fact that this travesty happened at all. Separation of church and state anyone? Or is that even relevant anymore as church/corporation/state merge?
David T. Beito - 8/16/2008
I think it should invite him but as a private institution it should not be forced to.
Jonathan Dresner - 8/16/2008
Why does it's status as a church have anything to do with it? It's acting as a political forum, and Barr is a party candidate.
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history