Barr Threatens to Sue Church for Not Inviting Him to Forum
Barack Obama and John McCain are scheduled to make a joint appearance Saturday at Saddleback Church in Orange County, Calif...
Russ Verney, campaign manager for the former Georgia congressman, has just sent out a mass e-mail saying Barr will seek a court order to require the church to invite him, too.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 8/22/2008
He should be suing for the fact that this travesty happened at all. Separation of church and state anyone? Or is that even relevant anymore as church/corporation/state merge?
David T. Beito - 8/16/2008
I think it should invite him but as a private institution it should not be forced to.
Jonathan Dresner - 8/16/2008
Why does it's status as a church have anything to do with it? It's acting as a political forum, and Barr is a party candidate.
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book