Barr Threatens to Sue Church for Not Inviting Him to Forum
Barack Obama and John McCain are scheduled to make a joint appearance Saturday at Saddleback Church in Orange County, Calif...
Russ Verney, campaign manager for the former Georgia congressman, has just sent out a mass e-mail saying Barr will seek a court order to require the church to invite him, too.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 8/22/2008
He should be suing for the fact that this travesty happened at all. Separation of church and state anyone? Or is that even relevant anymore as church/corporation/state merge?
David T. Beito - 8/16/2008
I think it should invite him but as a private institution it should not be forced to.
Jonathan Dresner - 8/16/2008
Why does it's status as a church have anything to do with it? It's acting as a political forum, and Barr is a party candidate.
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"