Barr Threatens to Sue Church for Not Inviting Him to Forum
Barack Obama and John McCain are scheduled to make a joint appearance Saturday at Saddleback Church in Orange County, Calif...
Russ Verney, campaign manager for the former Georgia congressman, has just sent out a mass e-mail saying Barr will seek a court order to require the church to invite him, too.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 8/22/2008
He should be suing for the fact that this travesty happened at all. Separation of church and state anyone? Or is that even relevant anymore as church/corporation/state merge?
David T. Beito - 8/16/2008
I think it should invite him but as a private institution it should not be forced to.
Jonathan Dresner - 8/16/2008
Why does it's status as a church have anything to do with it? It's acting as a political forum, and Barr is a party candidate.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments