Barr Threatens to Sue Church for Not Inviting Him to Forum
Barack Obama and John McCain are scheduled to make a joint appearance Saturday at Saddleback Church in Orange County, Calif...
Russ Verney, campaign manager for the former Georgia congressman, has just sent out a mass e-mail saying Barr will seek a court order to require the church to invite him, too.
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 8/22/2008
He should be suing for the fact that this travesty happened at all. Separation of church and state anyone? Or is that even relevant anymore as church/corporation/state merge?
David T. Beito - 8/16/2008
I think it should invite him but as a private institution it should not be forced to.
Jonathan Dresner - 8/16/2008
Why does it's status as a church have anything to do with it? It's acting as a political forum, and Barr is a party candidate.
- New book says amount of mustard gas exposure in World War II may be higher than acknowledged by government
- Canada’s Secret to Resisting the West’s Populist Wave
- Trump’s travel ban is built on a law meant to ‘protect’ the U.S. from Jews and communists
- The Time to Retrieve Time’s Time Capsule Is at Hand
- Manassas church opens restored slave cabin to the public
- John B. Boles wants students to know more about Jefferson than that he was a slaveholder
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist