Muslim Cartoon Week on RightBias
Kudos to RightBias (Nancy Morgan) for hosting Muslim cartoon week; the site currently offers 23 cartoons that highlight the cowardice and consequence of allowing radical Islam to stifle freedom of speech. The mission of Muslim cartoon week: To protest the growing wave of appeasement and censorship on all things Muslim. Personally, I would have tempered the mission statement to make it clear that it is radical Muslims and not "all things" Muslim that is the threat.
I believe the proximate cause of Muslim week was Random House's recent decision to pull a scheduled novel on Islam due to the publisher's fear that it would incite violence. On 08/07 Reuters reported, "The Jewel of Medina," a debut novel by journalist Sherry Jones, 46, was due to be published on August 12 by Random House, a unit of Bertelsmann AG, and an eight-city publicity tour had been scheduled, Jones told Reuters on Thursday. The novel traces the life of A'isha from her engagement to Mohammed, when she was six, until the prophet's death. Jones said that she was shocked to learn in May, that publication would be postponed indefinitely....Random House deputy publisher Thomas Perry said in a statement the company received" cautionary advice not only that the publication of this book might be offensive to some in the Muslim community, but also that it could incite acts of violence by a small, radical segment.”
comments powered by Disqus
Randll Reese Besch - 8/20/2008
Don't forget any other radical religious views being used to prosecute others these days?
Gary McGath - 8/15/2008
"Cautionary advice." That's an interesting euphemism for a threat.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges