Police in Georgia's "Growing Democracy" Attacking Demonstrators in 2007 to Enforce Martial Law
Peters called for massive sanctions against Russia. The obliging reporter egged him on by volunteering that Georgia had a"growing democracy." Perhaps she missed this revealing footage from 2007 showing police in that country beating up demonstrators to enforce martial law.
comments powered by Disqus
Bill Woolsey - 8/12/2008
One thing I found quite troubling is how the the reporters an CNN were claiming that the U.S. is supporting Georgia because Georgia sent troops to Iraq and when Bush visited, they had pro-Bush and pro-U.S. ralleys. (As the reporter commented, "it isn't everywhere that you see these things."
Most Americans now oppose the War in Iraq. But, the CNN reporters, anyway, claim that one of the key reasons the U.S. is supporting Georgia is that it helped the U.S. provide the multilateral figleaf with its 2000 troops.
And the notion that flattering Bush personally.... yikes..
Perhaps these things are true, but these would, I think, be highly negative claims. But the reporters spoke about them as if there was nothing wrong.
David T. Beito - 8/11/2008
Pretty high. What do you think the odds are that reporters at CNN or Fox will even ask that question?
Keith Halderman - 8/11/2008
What do you think the odds are that the American taxpayer paid for all of that fancy equipment?
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges