Police in Georgia's "Growing Democracy" Attacking Demonstrators in 2007 to Enforce Martial Law
Peters called for massive sanctions against Russia. The obliging reporter egged him on by volunteering that Georgia had a"growing democracy." Perhaps she missed this revealing footage from 2007 showing police in that country beating up demonstrators to enforce martial law.
comments powered by Disqus
Bill Woolsey - 8/12/2008
One thing I found quite troubling is how the the reporters an CNN were claiming that the U.S. is supporting Georgia because Georgia sent troops to Iraq and when Bush visited, they had pro-Bush and pro-U.S. ralleys. (As the reporter commented, "it isn't everywhere that you see these things."
Most Americans now oppose the War in Iraq. But, the CNN reporters, anyway, claim that one of the key reasons the U.S. is supporting Georgia is that it helped the U.S. provide the multilateral figleaf with its 2000 troops.
And the notion that flattering Bush personally.... yikes..
Perhaps these things are true, but these would, I think, be highly negative claims. But the reporters spoke about them as if there was nothing wrong.
David T. Beito - 8/11/2008
Pretty high. What do you think the odds are that reporters at CNN or Fox will even ask that question?
Keith Halderman - 8/11/2008
What do you think the odds are that the American taxpayer paid for all of that fancy equipment?
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize