THOSE SAUDIS /update
The Saudis have definitely been feeling their oats. Like many other Muslim countries, they refuse to permit Saudi women to compete in the the Olympics. Ali Alyami argues that it is time to suspend the Saudis from the Olympics. He is not alone.
See one Saudi woman's response:
In addition, after holding a much publicized interfaith conference, Saudis are evicting 15 Christians for daring to worship in the privacy of their own homes.
Update: Memri has a report on the debate taking place in the Gulf states about the conditions under which churches can be build. But all of the Emirates allow churches to be build with one exception:
Saudi Arabia thus remains the only Gulf state that still bans the construction of non-Muslim houses of worship, despite pressure by the Vatican. According to a Vatican representative in the Gulf, three to four million Christians live in Saudi Arabia; however, the Saudis deny these figures.
comments powered by Disqus
E. Simon - 8/6/2008
On what theological grounds, praytell, stands the value to Islamists of someone who never thought of himself (and who apparently never intends to think of himself) as a Muslim?
You are one nutty piece of fruitcake, Dr. Klinghoffer. That's one thing you have in common with these Islamists. That, and your theological fantasy of seeing what you want to believe in what doesn't exist.
Reading your column has become like watching a politically twisted version of "The X-Files".
Ralph E. Luker - 8/6/2008
Barack Obama was *never* a Muslim. By definition, therefore, he cannot be an apostate. You are an unuseful idiot.
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize