THOSE SAUDIS /update
The Saudis have definitely been feeling their oats. Like many other Muslim countries, they refuse to permit Saudi women to compete in the the Olympics. Ali Alyami argues that it is time to suspend the Saudis from the Olympics. He is not alone.
See one Saudi woman's response:
In addition, after holding a much publicized interfaith conference, Saudis are evicting 15 Christians for daring to worship in the privacy of their own homes.
Update: Memri has a report on the debate taking place in the Gulf states about the conditions under which churches can be build. But all of the Emirates allow churches to be build with one exception:
Saudi Arabia thus remains the only Gulf state that still bans the construction of non-Muslim houses of worship, despite pressure by the Vatican. According to a Vatican representative in the Gulf, three to four million Christians live in Saudi Arabia; however, the Saudis deny these figures.
comments powered by Disqus
E. Simon - 8/6/2008
On what theological grounds, praytell, stands the value to Islamists of someone who never thought of himself (and who apparently never intends to think of himself) as a Muslim?
You are one nutty piece of fruitcake, Dr. Klinghoffer. That's one thing you have in common with these Islamists. That, and your theological fantasy of seeing what you want to believe in what doesn't exist.
Reading your column has become like watching a politically twisted version of "The X-Files".
Ralph E. Luker - 8/6/2008
Barack Obama was *never* a Muslim. By definition, therefore, he cannot be an apostate. You are an unuseful idiot.
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"