History and Movies: A Useful Site
Finally, someone has created a good source for historically-minded movie buffs. Reel Faces evaluates the accuracy of movie depictions of historical events and personalities.
The list is still rather thin but it now includes entries on such movies as"Charlie Wilson's War,""Titanic,""Hollywoodland," and"Seabiscuit." The entry on"Titanic" was rather good and debunks some of the same myths exposed in Stephen Cox's book, The Titanic Story.
Hat tip Randy Barnett.
comments powered by Disqus
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- Isis profits from destruction of antiquities by selling relics to dealers – and then blowing up the buildings they come from to conceal the evidence of looting
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power
- Two scholars from UT object to the Texas school's decision to remove the statue of Jefferson Davis