History and Movies: A Useful Site
Finally, someone has created a good source for historically-minded movie buffs. Reel Faces evaluates the accuracy of movie depictions of historical events and personalities.
The list is still rather thin but it now includes entries on such movies as"Charlie Wilson's War,""Titanic,""Hollywoodland," and"Seabiscuit." The entry on"Titanic" was rather good and debunks some of the same myths exposed in Stephen Cox's book, The Titanic Story.
Hat tip Randy Barnett.
comments powered by Disqus
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- HMS Victory: The mystery of Britain's worst naval disaster is finally solved - 271 years later
- A salute lost to history
- Here’s Why The 2016 Republican Presidential Primary Could Make History
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?