History and Movies: A Useful Site
Finally, someone has created a good source for historically-minded movie buffs. Reel Faces evaluates the accuracy of movie depictions of historical events and personalities.
The list is still rather thin but it now includes entries on such movies as"Charlie Wilson's War,""Titanic,""Hollywoodland," and"Seabiscuit." The entry on"Titanic" was rather good and debunks some of the same myths exposed in Stephen Cox's book, The Titanic Story.
Hat tip Randy Barnett.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests