Free Speech at UA-Birmingham Post-Herald
As the article indicates, the first reflex of UA's president and provost, on issues ranging from window displays to the Alabama Observer, is to ban and restrict any dissenting voice.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/18/2004
The Tuscaloosa News is hopeless. For more on the priorities of its chief education reporter, Gilbert Cruz, see this http://www.alabamascholars.org/page97.html"> hilarious send-up by Charles Nuckolls. I will put it up on the blog if Charles doesn't
Robert L. Campbell - 5/18/2004
It's good to see that the suppressive measures being taken by the upper administration of the University of Alabama are getting covered in a Birmingham newspaper.
If this trend continues, even the Tuscaloosa newspaper may have to say something...
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit