Free Speech at UA-Birmingham Post-Herald
As the article indicates, the first reflex of UA's president and provost, on issues ranging from window displays to the Alabama Observer, is to ban and restrict any dissenting voice.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/18/2004
The Tuscaloosa News is hopeless. For more on the priorities of its chief education reporter, Gilbert Cruz, see this http://www.alabamascholars.org/page97.html"> hilarious send-up by Charles Nuckolls. I will put it up on the blog if Charles doesn't
Robert L. Campbell - 5/18/2004
It's good to see that the suppressive measures being taken by the upper administration of the University of Alabama are getting covered in a Birmingham newspaper.
If this trend continues, even the Tuscaloosa newspaper may have to say something...
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election