Free Speech at UA-Birmingham Post-Herald
As the article indicates, the first reflex of UA's president and provost, on issues ranging from window displays to the Alabama Observer, is to ban and restrict any dissenting voice.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/18/2004
The Tuscaloosa News is hopeless. For more on the priorities of its chief education reporter, Gilbert Cruz, see this http://www.alabamascholars.org/page97.html"> hilarious send-up by Charles Nuckolls. I will put it up on the blog if Charles doesn't
Robert L. Campbell - 5/18/2004
It's good to see that the suppressive measures being taken by the upper administration of the University of Alabama are getting covered in a Birmingham newspaper.
If this trend continues, even the Tuscaloosa newspaper may have to say something...
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors